Who am I?
My name is Nicolas Carlo. I’m a french graduated of Telecom Business School, freelance developer & Agile coach aside.
From 2013 to 2016, I was associate & Unit Production Manager at Metidia.
To found a start-up requires you to do a lot of things, but I was mostly responsible for:
- project management with an Agile mindset (Lean, Kanban) of a 4-6 persons team
- development of HTML5 games (Canvas, Backbone.js, Node.js, MongoDB)
- Software Craftmanship coaching and development of an Agile environment of production, adapted to the team (Visual management, GitHub flow, CI…)
Today I’m Consultant at OCTO Technology. I support the development of Agile projects, I do web development and I coach about Software Craftmanship.
I essentially practice Node.js for the back-end part. I’m a MongoDB certified developer for having successfully completed the course M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers.
I enjoy front-end development the most. I’m passionate with this whole domain, with particular specialization in these fields:
- development of SPA, notably with Backbone.js
- functional reactive programming (Rx.js, Cycle.js, Elm…)
- CSS scalability (OOCSS, SMACSS, BEM…)
- Software Craftmanship practices
I love to help teams setting up an productive Agile environment that fits their needs. I coach them to find together both organisational (visual management, Kanban, Kaizen, Lean methodology) and technical (CI environment, software craftmanship) solutions to blossom, produce faster and better.